Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention & Control Policy
All of us have been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It has been a difficult time for everyone, including both individual and small and large businesses. It is highly likely that the impact of COVID-19 will impact many of us for the next 12 – 18 months, and life will take some time to return to normal.
My priority is to keep you as safe as possible, so I have implemented several changes in the way that I operate my clinic room & reception in order to reduce touch- points and exposure to other Clients. I have now moved my clinic to my salon Studio 8 Beauty at 1000 Lakeside where I can be assured I am working in a building where all staff are trained and operating to the same hygiene standards as myself to maintain safety. We have all been trained in Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control.
- Online booking for consultations are available via my website and is open 24/7.
- Emails are monitored regularly and any enquiries or booking requests will be responded to within 24 hours.
- Telephone Bookings & enquiries are available by contacting me on 07718 453269 during working hours.
- During local and national lockdowns online virtual consultations are available only & treatments can be booked for non-lockdown periods.
If you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19, please advise me as soon as possible and DO NOT COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. I have amended my booking terms and conditions, and you will not be charged for any appointments which you miss due to COVID-19 related illness.
If you need to cancel for any other reason, the standard 48-hour cancellation policy applies and a no show or late cancellation fee will apply.
Please remember that by booking with me you are asking me to reserve time exclusively for your use.
Operating a business in the hair & beauty industry under COVID-19 restrictions is now very difficult. To ensure that I can continue to be there to serve you in the future, I must fill my time with clients that will attend their appointments.
I try to be as understanding as possible but please be considerate when booking, cancelling and rescheduling appointments by giving me as much notice as possible so I can refill your cancelled time. This ensures that my time is utilised and I continue to be viable as a business.
If I feel unwell or have symptoms of COVlD-19, as required I will need to self-isolate immediately and cancel my appointments. This may mean that I have to cancel your appointment at short notice. I appreciate that this may be inconvenient, but it is done entirely for your safety. If your appointment needs to be cancelled, you will be able to rebook. Any prepayments will be carried over to a future booking or refunded.
Visiting the Salon
Arriving for Appointments
The seated reception area has now been reduced to allow for social distancing, and we are managing arrivals to prevent a queue at reception. The door is locked to avoid queues. If you arrive and there are clients at the desk checking in, please wait outside the door until reception area clears then enter.
We kindly ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible. Please do not turn up early for appointments as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients. Your therapist will be ready to meet and greet you when you arrive.
Please note that visits are by appointment only as we are not permitted to allow walk-in clients. If you need to arrange an appointment or have an enquiry I work by appointment only so please book online or by calling me to arrange a suitable time to visit.
Please attend your appointment on time. We understand that life happens and it can delay you getting to us on time. However, with COVID-19, it is even more critical that we must keep to time as it can mean that you flow through the salon overlaps with other clients.
If you are running late, please let me know ASAP. Unfortunately, I am unable to run late for other clients so if you arrive late and we are unable to accommodate your appointment we will reschedule you to another date. Please note that there will be a charge for your reserved time as we will be unable to utilise it for another client.
Flow of Clients
- We have established a one-way flow through the building to reduce your contact with other clients during your visit.
- Please respect the social distancing rules with other clients and staff members where possible.
- Future appointments & payment can be done at the end of your treatment before you leave the treatment room.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in the building, ensuring that common surfaces, toilets door handles etc. are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client. Paper towels are available in the toilet facilities.
- Regular cleaning of the open areas is in operation, and we are utilising fogging equipment similar to ones used in dental and medical settings in rooms and these areas.
- All tools and equipment are always disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions & my professional training for your safety.
- Wherever possible, I utilise environmentally, friendly, single-use items during a treatment that will be disposed of safely after use to protect you from cross-infection. Products have been specially selected to minimise and have zero effect on our environmental impact
- I already use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and treatment. PPE includes face masks and goggle/ visors/safety glasses/disposable gloves/facemasks/aprons.
- All disposable items are bagged and safely removed from the treatment area between each client and disposed of through clinical waste.
Face Masks & Hand Sanitiser
- Facemasks must be worn at all times in the building unless it is deemed appropriate to remove for your appointment. If you forget your face mask, I have a free supply available for clients.
- You will have access to hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the salon.
I have carried out a risk assessment on all treatments, and I are confident that we can continue to provide these safely.
During your treatment
I understand the importance of hand hygiene, and will ensure that I wash our hands in according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment. Throughout the treatment I wear full PPE as standard and this has not changed with COVID-19.
I will try to make your treatment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatments, please let me know so I can discuss this with you.
After the treatment
To avoid handling of cash, I would prefer if you could pay for your treatment by card, apple pay contactless or in advance using bank transfers.
All procedures have been implemented for both the safety of you as a clients as well as myself and other staff in the building.
I will continue to take advice from the Government and our professional bodies regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding.
PMU & Aesthetics
Get in Touch
1000 Lakeside North Harbour
Portsmouth, Hants, PO6 3EN
Phone & Email
M - F : 9 am – 6 pm
Sat : 10 am – 4 pm
Sun : Closed